Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shots at the Grammy Family

You might've heard about Steve Stoute's letter to the NARAS and the Grammys. If not check out the link here. He makes a clear argument about how he feels and what the establishment is doing.

Where I think that the Grammys fail stems from two key sources: (1) over-zealousness to produce a popular show that is at odds with its own system of voting and (2) fundamental disrespect of cultural shifts as being viable and artistic.

Below is also really good post commentary from well respected Jermaine Dupri who was president of the Atlanta Chapter of the organization. ( I didn't even know there were regional chapters)



"If you know what I'm talkin' about, talk to me. If you don't know what I'm talkin' about, talk to me" - JD

No comments:

Post a Comment